Many people aspire to work with animals, but it can be difficult to distinguish the reality from the fluffy image. This course gives a firm grounding in reality, with essential skills such as animal handling and restraint, pet psychology and recognizing pain, and working as part of a veterinary team – as well as an understanding of technical terms, anatomy and physiology, and first aid.
The Veterinary Support Assistant (VSA) is a highly capable member of the veterinary team, trained informally within the practice. A VSA is responsible for many crucial jobs within the clinic, such as ensuring good hygiene and sterility, handling animals, and interfacing with clients.
This course is of benefit to anyone with an interest in animal health, working with animals, or wondering if a career in the veterinary environment is right for them.
Zuri Academy courses are designed for anyone with an interest in learning. No formal qualifications are required to study with us. Our courses are suitable if you want to learn new skills, start a new career, or if you’re already working in a particular industry and wish to upgrade your talents and enhance your resume.
Who is this course for?
- Anyone looking at the options available for rewarding careers with animals
- Animal lovers who want to help sick or injured animals in a veterinary practice
- People who are considering becoming a veterinarian but are also considering other roles within a clinic
- Anybody who works with or volunteers with animals, such as in a kennel, rescue center, or a vet clinic
- People considering a career as a veterinary technician and who would like a glimpse into the challenging and rewarding work of animal care
- This course is suitable for anyone who handles animals at work or as a volunteer in a shelter
- The course is a useful stepping stone to your animal-care degree or professional path in a veterinary clinic or hospital
- Studying an accredited course will give professionals a competitive advantage over their rivals
- Certification will prove to employers that you are serious in your wish to land a dream job with animals or are ready for a promotion
You will be required to complete each lesson in full, and answer exams at the end of each course module. If your pass rate exceeds 70% on each exam then you will receive a certificate of completion, to recognize your achievement. You can immediately download your PDF course certificate from Zuri Academy.
Most of our courses will earn you credits through Continuing Education (CE) / Continuing Professional Development (CPD). CE/CPD points are accepted and recognized by professional member bodies and academic institutions across the US and internationally.